President (3 year Presidential Series)
Function: Provide leadership to the board of directors and membership while communicating with the State Board of Directors, Sections, and Districts of pertinent information while providing a direction for success.
- Shall call and preside at all District membership meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Prepares agenda for the Board of Directors meetings and business meetings for the District.
- Represents the membership at the District and State level.
- Attend and participate on the monthly CPRS Region I conference call.
- Attend all CPRS District/Section leadership meetings and events.
- Attend and participate on monthly CPRS Legislative Committee calls in the absence of the Legislative Representative.
- Attend any CPRS Conference, Events, Trainings, etc. when employing agency allows, as a representative of D2 Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with other moderators to keep the District networking webpage current & active.
- Prepares PowerPoint, program and script for the Awards and Installation Banquet.
- Shall appoint all necessary committee chairs to carry out the responsibilities of the board
- Submits annual District budget parameters for Board of Directors approval.
- In cooperation with the President-Elect, Vice President and Treasurer submit the annual report to the Board of Directors and the California Park & Recreation Society Office.
- Is responsible to the Board of Directors for the actions of all officers, representatives, and committees.
- Serve as ex-officio member of all committees
- Will perpetuate the District 2 Board of Directors to identify potential candidates and actively provides information regarding duties, responsibilities, and requirements of Board positions.
- Follow up and coordinate with the committee chairs for the following:Equipment ExpoLunch ‘n Learn Training SeriesStudent OutreachLegislative OutreachFall ForumProfessional Development Grants and Student ScholarshipsAwards ProgramWinter General Membership Meeting/Workshop/SocialAnnual Awards & Installation BanquetCPRS Conference