The California Park & Recreation Society (CPRS) District 2 Awards Program recognizes excellence of those agencies and individuals that publicize, develop and manage programs, parks and facilities that align with the Parks Make Life Better brand message of:
- Building loyalty for parks and recreation services, heightening the profession's bargaining power and independence, stimulating growth, attracting talented people to the profession, involving the public and gaining greater resources and support.
- Raising awareness of the benefits of parks and recreation throughout California and raise the status of parks and recreation as an essential community service.
- Demonstrate the six main message concepts of: Gathering Places, Play, Nature, Exercise, Positive Spaces, & Forever (valued today & always).
The 2019-2020 Awards Program is currently accepting applications. The deadline to apply is Thursday, January 23, 2020 by 5PM. For more information on the D2 Awards Program and eligibility criteria, please download the document below.D2 Awards Program 19-20.pdf
Five award categories:
- J.R. Needy Professional Award
- Facility Design & Park Planning Award
- Agency Showcase Marketing Award - Digital & Print
- Recreation & Community Program Award
- Champion of the Community Award
Please send your completed application to Danny Curtola, CPRS D2 VP, at (redacted). If you have any questions about the program or application process please feel free to contact Danny via email or phone at (916) 570-2803.