The California Park & Recreation Society (CPRS) District 2 Awards Program recognizes excellence of those agencies and individuals that publicize, develop and manage programs, parks and facilities that align with the Parks Make Life Better brand message of:
- Building loyalty for parks and recreation services, heightening the profession's bargaining power and independence, stimulating growth, attracting talented people to the profession, involving the public and gaining greater resources and support.
- Raising awareness of the benefits of parks and recreation throughout California and raise the status of parks and recreation as an essential community service.
- Demonstrate the six main message concepts of: Gathering Places, Play, Nature, Exercise, Positive Spaces, & Forever (valued today & always).
2019-2020 Award Recipients:
J.R. Needy Professional Award
- Becky Herz, Sunrise Recreation & Park District
- Teri deRosier, Cosumnes Community Services District
Facility Design & Park Planning Award
- Southgate Recreation & Park District - Pat O'Brien Community Center and Scott Hokama Support Facility
Agency Showcase Marketing Award - Digital & Print
- Cosumnes Community Services District - 25th annual Elk Grove Giant Pumpkin Festival
Recreation & Community Program Award
- Southgate Recreation & Park District - Walk With Ease Program
Champion of the Community Award
- Jill Jones, Cosumnes Community Services District